Thursday, July 8, 2010

Memories................

It's interesting to sit down and 'blog'. There are no fresh thoughts to put down or funny stories to recap; unlike driving in the car on the way to a meeting I am late for or when catching a scent in the air of orange blossoms-this is when the memories or funny stories come to mind.

Getting older is definitely challenging. I was noticing that I can't cross my fingers like I use to but I can still flip the bird! I don't recall a thought from five minutes ago but I can remember the wrong that was done to me in my youth. The challenging part, for me, is to not exercise the 'limber' aspects of myself but to refrain and to begin to practice those things that have stiffened as of late, like my will, opinions, attitudes, ability to adapt and preferences. I like to think of myself as a modern woman, pretty savvy to the trends and ideas of the day but I hear myself sounding like an old woman who is at times channeling her mother.

I hope I'm around when Emily experiences these things so that she can relay them to me when I am lame-brained and sitting near the window smelling the orange blossoms experiencing lost memories, which to me may just seem like delusions...............

No comments:

Post a Comment